Restored B-26 Fighter-Bomber - Replica of the Aircraft used by the Liberation Air Force, Fuerza Aérea de Liberación and Photos of the 14 Pilots
The pilots from left to right are: Major Riley Shamburger, Captain Crispin Garcia, Captain Thomas W. Ray, Captain Osvaldo Piedra, Captain Leo Baker, Captain Raul Vianello, Captain Wade Gray, Captain Lorenzo Pérez-Lorenzo, Captain Eddy González, Captain Gastón Pérez, Captain Daniel Fernández Mon, Captain José A. Crespo, Captain José A. Fernández, and Captain Navel González Romero.
The Douglas B-26 Invader was restored as ship No. 931. It was flown by Gustavo "Gus" Ponzoa with navigator Rafael Gárcia Pujol.
The Douglas A-26/B-26 bomber was the only American bomber to fly missions in three wars. After World War II, it served as a first-line bomber during the Korean War and during the Vietnam War. Douglas started the A-26 in 1941 to follow the A-20/DB-7 Havoc bomber.
Douglas built 2,503 A-26/B-26 Invaders. During production, a number of modifications were progressively introduced so that by 1948, the A-26 was one of the few wartime aircraft types still in service with the post-war U.S. Air Force. When the famous Martin B-26 Marauder retired and the Air Force deleted the designation "A" (for attack category), the Douglas Invader took on the B-26 designation.